Thanks for showing interest in our cause!
Please take the time to sign up and join in on discussion, plans and actions!
Your support is greatly appreciated!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Thanks for showing interest in our cause!
Please take the time to sign up and join in on discussion, plans and actions!
Your support is greatly appreciated!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Well, We can get the sponsors, Now we need the people! Spread the NEWS. ASA is back and they need YOUR help! We have the momentum going but we mustn't stop now!

I forgot my password

The Move, And YOU!

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:33 pm by Skitch

Two MAJOR updates.

One, I am disappointed to announce that All information on this forum will be lost due to the moving of the site.

That being said, I am more than ecstatic to announce our move to the old AirsoftAustralia.com.au!!!!!!

That right ladies and gents!
We get the number one airsoft in Australia google search!

We're making contact with the reps and have been given an offer to good …

[ Full reading ]
Airsoft In Australia

Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:43 pm by Skitch

Well, Now it's time to start An announcement.
I was hoping others would Look at the post by Airsoft Council and Give their Input.

Soooo Here's the Link!

http://www.milsimaustralia.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=71&func=view&catid=49&id=2001#2001

Please Offer your input Everyone!!

02 / 16 / 10: Sponsor

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:14 pm by Skitch

ASA has it's first Official Sponsor! *Claps*
Way to go team!
While It's not a monetary or tangible Item Sponsor (yet.. Maybe.. SOMEDAY)
The have offered to support us verbally and Officially.
aaaand I can't say yet as we still have terms to discuss :p

They however request a few things for a "better" sponsorship.
MORE MEMBERS!!------------ ON HERE!
Active Facebook …

[ Full reading ]

Latest topics

» Old airsoft gun?
What is Airsoft EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 7:48 pm by Draketh054

» Victorians Report In!
What is Airsoft EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 5:35 pm by Draketh054

» ASA: The Team
What is Airsoft EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:31 pm by blucyclone

» RedwolfAirsoft.com
What is Airsoft EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:46 pm by Creation

» www.EVIKE.com
What is Airsoft EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:42 pm by Creation

» Few Questions?
What is Airsoft EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 5:39 pm by Creation

» Are the wheels in motion?
What is Airsoft EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 8:16 am by Ninja321_

» Any other Queenslanders out there?
What is Airsoft EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:43 pm by LCPL Tyr

» Help me make a difference
What is Airsoft EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 10:16 pm by DeathAdder

Navigation

Affiliates

What is Airsoft

DJRenegade
    DJRenegade
    General Moderator
    General Moderator

What is Airsoft Empty What is Airsoft

Post  DJRenegade Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:55 pm

WHAT IS AIRSOFT

Airsoft guns fire 6mm plastic pellets (or BBs) at relatively low speeds (between 100 and 328 feet per second or 30 to 97 meters per second), fast enough to feel, but slow enough not to hurt. Airsoft guns look like the real thing but cannot be converted to fire live ammunition, it is a toy and is classed as one!
    Airsoft as we know it originated in Japan in the early 1980's as the Japanese answer to American craze of Paintball. Whilst the first airsoft guns were probably made in the US, it was not until Tokyo Marui started putting their electrically powered gearbox into their static replicas that airsoft as we know it developed. Across Japan, South East Asia, North America and Europe there are thousands of players who put on their combats, heave on their webbing and grab their rifles each weekend. Airsoft Skirmishing
    Firstly, its great fun, no matter what age, gender or size you are. It is primarily a team sport, although games such as last man standing and rifles versus pistols are great fun. Players quickly learn that proper planning prevents poor performance and an early walk back to the safe zone. Some scenarios may seem familiar to those who have played Paintball but the addition of full automatic capability and longer range add new dimensions.

Airsoft vs. Paintball
    When I've talked to fellow players as to why they prefer Airsoft the following 2 reasons are put forward:

Realism
    This game offers you the closest thing you can get to immersing yourself in war without really going. You've watched the cool films like Blackhawk Down, Platoon and Tears of the Sun, well now you can play though scenarios. The weapons can give you an awesome range of upto 60-80m. You can get silenced pistols for close engagements and heavy machine guns if you want to lay down big style!!!
    Cost
    Airsoft average cost is usually a lot cheaper than paint ball. This is mainly because the ammunition is a lot cheaper.£9.00 will buy you 3,000 airsoft pellets, when you hire equipment you get 500 free rounds of ammunition. It's down to the individual how much they use but usually 3,000 is plenty for one day!

Some people will always prefer Paintball some will always prefer Airsoft. As paintball is becoming more arena based, woodland is the domain of the Airsofter.

Airsoft equipment is more realistic. The weapons have both semi and full auto capability and they look like their real steel counterparts. You can get M16s, M4s, M733 as used by the Delta Force in Blackhawk Down, MP5's of every sort, AK 47's the futuristic Steyr AUG and the HK G36 family, Shotguns, grenade launchers, snipers rifles and pistols. There's not much you can't get put it that way ! Unlike Paintball where players are marked when hit, Airsoft uses an honour system where by you call yourself out when hit. Our gamers are therefore very honest and friendly and we have a strong community. We have marshals that monitor the games and address any concerns players may have. Read our site rules

How do I play & How Much Does It Cost Book yourself a game

Your health & safety are EXTREMELY important to us, so that is why our staff or marshals insist that site rules are strictly obeyed. They are there for your benefit. Airsoft equipment like most things in life is perfectly safe provided you adhere by the rules and respect it. All players are insured and required to READ and SIGN and insurance waiver.

I took this from first and only airsoft website (the people who provide the sites I play at)
    hope this helps ya'll

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:06 pm